Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] [Patch] specify custom directories

Jeremy Katz wrote:
On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 14:48 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
Jeremy Katz wrote:
On Mon, 2007-04-16 at 17:31 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
Attached is a patch to customize the build_dir, yum cachedir and yum
installroot.
build dir and cachedir make sense to me[1], but what's the value in
setting install_root explicitly?  And as it stands, you're not even
using the value since there are lots of other places where we expect
that the install root is builddir/install_root.
That is why the yum_installroot passed is actually being symlinked from builddir/install_root. line ~34 in the patch. This allows a yum object already initialized to keep the installroot yet "install into builddir/install_root".

But why do you actually need that?  The install_root is where the file
system image gets mounted and so if you already have things in a
directory, that's not going to help.

I do not already have things in a directory (well actually, I do, but I don't care about them being trashed), I have an object pointing to a directory and I cannot change that without destroying and recreating the object.

The patch is doing what I need, and afaics is not disruptive to livecd-creator's way of doing things, right?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip