[Fedora-livecd-list] [Patch] specify custom directories

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Apr 18 13:59:10 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 15:50 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> Jeremy Katz wrote:
> >> That is why the yum_installroot passed is actually being symlinked from
> >> builddir/install_root. line ~34 in the patch. This allows a yum object
> >> already initialized to keep the installroot yet "install into
> >> builddir/install_root".
> >
> > But why do you actually need that?  The install_root is where the file
> > system image gets mounted and so if you already have things in a
> > directory, that's not going to help.
> >

> I do not already have things in a directory (well actually, I do, but I
> don't care about them being trashed), I have an object pointing to a
> directory and I cannot change that without destroying and recreating the
> object.

But what are you trying to do?  You just keep talking about objects and
implementation details, not about the actual task you're trying to do.
What magic is going on that it's so important that this be kept in sync?

> The patch is doing what I need, and afaics is not disruptive to
> livecd-creator's way of doing things, right?

It could have some ... interesting effects across error handling and
adds an entirely new class of things there to check for and ensure keep
working.

Jeremy