[Fedora-livecd-list] [Patch] specify custom directories

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Wed Apr 18 14:44:03 UTC 2007

Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 15:50 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>> Jeremy Katz wrote:
>>> But why do you actually need that?  The install_root is where the file
>>> system image gets mounted and so if you already have things in a
>>> directory, that's not going to help.
>>>
>> I do not already have things in a directory (well actually, I do, but I
>> don't care about them being trashed), I have an object pointing to a
>> directory and I cannot change that without destroying and recreating the
>> object.
>
> But what are you trying to do?  You just keep talking about objects and
> implementation details, not about the actual task you're trying to do.
> What magic is going on that it's so important that this be kept in sync?

As said before, the already existent yum object points at another
directory then builddir/install_root and the goal of specifying another
install root then builddir/install_root is to be able to preserve the
yum object as-is.

Bigger picture however is, I'm really trying to allow us to get into
livecd-creator what we need for Revisor to be able to exec().

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip