Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] Support for custom configuration using python templates

On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 14:53 -0400, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:

> One of the things we need to for OLPC from the LiveCD creator is the
> ability to output configuration files from a template.

	One thing I've been meaning to do for a while, based on David
Lutterkort's suggestion, is to try using puppet[1] from the
livecd-creator ... i.e. run puppet from %post with a manifest that would
change whatever configuration files you need. One reason puppet might be
nice is that it does inheritance, templating etc.

	Dunno, I'm not convinced yet, but it's worth trying.

Cheers,
Mark.

[1] - http://reductivelabs.com/projects/puppet/