Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] SSH defualt on livecd bootup

David Zeuthen wrote:

Mostly that ssh server key generation takes ages thus slowing down the
already slow boot process. Also, the passwords are all blank.

    David
I think the slow boot process is due to the Ext3 filesystem you have decided to use. Also, the SSH key generation doesn't take more than 6 seconds on a dual PII 300MHz, less than 2 seconds on a Intel Celeron at 2.6GHz. That isn't exactly "ages". I would contribute it to
the filesystem you have decided to use.

J. Hartline