Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] SSH defualt on livecd bootup

David Zeuthen wrote:
On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 14:00 -0500, Jasper Hartline wrote:
David Zeuthen wrote:
Mostly that ssh server key generation takes ages thus slowing down the
already slow boot process. Also, the passwords are all blank.

    David
I think the slow boot process is due to the Ext3 filesystem you have decided to use.

I hate to repeat myself, but here we go. Using ext3 is a very conscious
decision:
I'm not arguing why you chose Ext3, I'm saying the slow boot process is probably due
to Ext3.
Btw, the key generation process is CPU-bound so it's a bit hard for me
to understand why you blame the file system since that's mostly IO
performance. I also don't think it's useful for you to make
unsubstantiated claims about ext3's performance or the lack of. Do you
numbers to back your statements up? Because if you have I'd love to see
them so I can pass them on to our ext3 developers. Thanks!

I never said the SSH key generation was due to Ext3, I said the boot process you describe is probably due to Ext3.
Learn how to read, when you do come back with a valid retort.

J. Hartline