Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] Fedora 7 Test 4 GNOME based i386 Live CD - install to HD option + ssh

Steve Berry wrote:
For matters of taste, *I* would prefer SSH enabled by default, the overall public may perfer it. I really don't know. but if no one KNEW, and it was implied ssh was enabled by defualt. it would make more sense to enable it on defualt.

But since it's not, I suppose disabling it *due to root not having a password *(for ease of use) is a pretty good idea..

I had to think about it a bit, but I tend to agree.

In lieu of ssh disabled, it's not impossible to spin off a personal livecd with root passworded (custom) and ssh enabled.

If you cannot figure out a way to buid your own LiveCD with SSHD enabled with livecd-tools at this stage, you might consider looking into Kadischi. It provides a services menu after the initial installation process of the soon-to-be rootfs which allows you to configure the services you want started, login accounts you would like to create, and enables you to toggle and configure the firewall to your needs before the ISO is created.
You can get it from here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Kadischi

Though, from what I've been told, and I know it should be possible to easily hack in these features you actually can enable SSHd and add openssh-server and openssh-clients as packages.

J. Hartline