Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] Fedora 7 Test 4 GNOME based i386 Live CD - install to HD option + ssh

You'll have to excuse my ignorance, I have been a member of the mailing list a long time, but I've been so busy with personal things that I lacked any previous discussion information.

on that note, I do recall a concept of Fedora Live-CD creation tools being coded and tested for use in fedora 7 and released at a later date.

I may be mistaken, but I believe Fedora Unity is handling that. If I'm wrong please correct me.

in the mean time, turning items on at boot time would be preferable - then a stock cd could handle just about any requirement, and if required, a DVD bootable can be built to adding the features that are larger, like mirrors of entire websites, whatever is required to handle your requirements.

I'm very excited about the future of Fedora and it's live-cd base.

Jasper Hartline wrote:
If you cannot figure out a way to buid your own LiveCD with SSHD enabled with livecd-tools at this stage, you might consider looking into Kadischi. It provides a services menu after the initial installation process of the soon-to-be rootfs which allows you to configure the services you want started, login accounts you would like to create, and enables you to toggle and configure the firewall to your needs before the ISO is created.
You can get it from here: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Kadischi

Though, from what I've been told, and I know it should be possible to easily hack in these features you actually can enable SSHd and add openssh-server and openssh-clients as packages.

J. Hartline