Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] RFC- mayflower flexibility enhancements

Tim Wood wrote:
follow up since I've no urge to look like a newb in the bat-it-over the fence group on this list... what is Mayflower? Link to let me RTFM is fine o'course...

Tim

mayflower is functionally akin to mkinitrd, except that it makes initramfss suitable for booting livecds, as opposed to booting normal systems. It is located in the livecd-tools rpm, and lives in /usr/lib/livecd-tools/mayflower. During livecd-creator, it gets copied to the system being built, run in a chroot to create the initramfs, which is then put in the livecds isolinux directory and used to boot it.

Query- Does anybody else think its time to create some sort of mailinglist distinction between

a) livecd users
b) livecd-tools/revisor users
c) livecd-tools/revisor developers

-dmc