[Fedora-livecd-list] Re: livecd persistence

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Fri Aug 17 22:44:38 UTC 2007

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 17:17 -0500, Douglas McClendon wrote:
>> Matthias Clasen wrote:
>>
>>> I was just referring to your question about an "approved feature", but
>>> maybe I just misunderstood what you were trying to say.
>>>
>> I was responding to Jeremy's original email, in which he suggested the
>> impetus for immediate action was to get the code into f8t2.  For that to
>> happen, would require an "approved feature", if I understand the fedora
>> policy correctly.
>>

> Ah, then I did not misunderstand what you were trying to say. There is
> no need to get prior approval to work on cool stuff in Fedora. And a lot
> of the cool stuff in Fedora 8 will just show up without being on any
> approved feature lists.

Yes, I was wrong in my interpretation of FeatureFreeze, and how it is a
marketing/documentation thing, as opposed to DevelFreeze's which were
what I was thinking more of.

Still, I think it would be nice if LiveCD Persistence was on official
feature, benefiting from that status and the related process.

But again, I assume you are harping on the talking point of "no need to
get prior approval to work on cool stuff in Fedora" because that needs
to be advertised to readers of the list.  And not because it actually
has any bearing on the current issue.  If not, then I am still
misunderstanding your point.

Regards,

-dmc