Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] Re: livecd persistence

Douglas,

but wouldn't you better ask Max himself about it just to make everything clear? :)

Regards,
Vladimir

Douglas McClendon пишет:
Douglas McClendon wrote:
Matthias Clasen wrote:

Ah, then I did not misunderstand what you were trying to say. There is
no need to get prior approval to work on cool stuff in Fedora. And a lot
of the cool stuff in Fedora 8 will just show up without being on any
approved feature lists.
Still, I think it would be nice if LiveCD Persistence was on official feature, benefiting from that status and the related process.

Another reason why having LiveCD Persistence as an official feature is quite important, is if it is already getting talked about as an official feature. It's possible that in this quote, Max is just talking about traditional installation to external usb drive, but it's also possible(?) he is talking about livecd persistence (certainly adding dm-crypt to the base and or overlay images is not hard).

http://www.technetra.com/writings/archive/2007/07/01/face-to-face-with-max-spevack

"
Q: What is the vision for Fedora tomorrow?

Max: The two biggest goals for Fedora 7 were the live CD/live DVD stuff which was something Fedora needed in order to be able to compete at the same level as other distributions. So we've got that.

In Fedora 8 and 9, over the next year let's say, we want to make the technology even better. For example, envision you take your whole computer around on your USB key and you stick it into any laptop and your desktop just appears. If you lose it, your data is encrypted, so it's not as much of a catastrophe as it could be – at least your bank account is not all over the world.
"

-dmc