Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] boot failure on VIA Epia M-6000 board

Thorsten von Eicken wrote:
I'll produce a i586 kernel and see what happens. Thanks for spotting this.

Still in kernel hell, but the temperature has lowered by a few degrees...

Explicitly using the i586 version of the kernel-devel and i386 versions of glibc, etc. packages does the trick. Don't even have to compile the kernel for generic i586, works as cyrix too.

Now I'm into the next problem, which is that I'm booting off a CF card that doesn't do DMA. More about that in a fresh thread...

Andy, thanks for your help!
	Thorsten