[Fedora-livecd-list] Adding users to LiveCD

Taylor, Monroe E monroe.e.taylor at intel.com
Tue Nov 11 21:26:28 UTC 2008

I am creating liveCD with livecd-creator tool and using Livecd-fedora-9-base-desktop.ks as the kickstart file. I needed to a user so I added the following command to the add user section of the kickstart file

useradd -c "full name of user" username

I created the LiveCD and booted it. The user was listed on the login screen. However, I was not able to login using it. The following message was displayed "unable to authenticate user". Since I did not set a password I was expecting that it would login but it did not.

Additionally, I attempted to login using the default Fedora Live Login. It did not work but there was no message displayed. It

Any ideas on what is causing this problem?
[cid:image001.gif at 01C94409.7C6C5A40]

[cid:image002.gif at 01C94409.7C6C5A40]
Monroe Taylor III
Test engineering