[Fedora-livecd-list] liveusb-creator-gtk to be included on livecds

مؤيد السعدي muayyad.alsadi at ojuba.org
Wed Nov 12 16:12:49 UTC 2008

> How is this different from https://fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator/

that can't be included in my livecd because it depends on QT (ten MB at
least)
but a gtk version will be a plus because pygtk is already installed in
almost all livecds

it's a matter of 9KB

> I think that including this on the Live CD is a great idea (although
> offtopic for this list, it would be great if it was included in the
> default
> Desktop install as well).

yes that's the point of it. at least on my Ojuba.org

> The program features look great, but I think the UI is a bit too busy. I
> would recommend making the Live USB icon's transparent, setting a 6px
> border
Oh! I thought that white BG give it some different look because it's a
header banner

> width on the main window and using 6px spacing between vertical elements
> and

6px! yes it looked better, thanks

> 12px between horizontal spacing. Perhaps there should also add a "Help"
> button on the left which would open a web browser and open a short guide
> using the program on the Fedora wiki or something.

maybe, I delay the documentation part for now

> Would you be interested in using Glade for the GTK+ interface? I'd be
> willing to help create a glade file and I can provide some sample code
> that
> will make accessing the widgets very easy (self.ui.widgetname), as well
as
> enabling i18n for the entire program.

no thanks, I hate glade
using code like this
    for i,j,k in [('mactel',"Intel Macs",0),('xo',"XO",0),
('xo-no-home',"No XO Home",0)]:
      self.opt[i]=gtk.CheckButton(j)
      self.opt[i].set_active(k)
      hb.pack_start(self.opt[i], False,False,0)

makes adding new options much simpler for me,
glade is aimed to make it easy, and for my case direct coding is much
easier