proposal to remove static libs from -devel packages for FC5

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Jul 27 22:17:50 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 13:04 -0400, Christopher Aillon wrote:

> It's not a trick.  You're the one that's unabashedly trying to force
> things down my throat.  If you want it this badly, prove it and do the
> work.  This is how open source has come to thrive.

Well, turns out its not that much work. I just removed the static libs,
and noted the places where nss broke.

Patch attached to fix Firefox Deer Park Alpha 2, should be applicable
for anything else with nss bits.

Now, can we get back on the original topic? :)

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!