proposal to remove static libs from -devel packages for FC5

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Fri Jul 29 08:56:54 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 10:06:48AM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 10:14 -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> > > You think ... this isn't enough. You should be sure, otherwise in case
> > > of serious emergency with libxml, _you_ can't react.
> >
> > Well if you think not shipping a static lib will help, you're on crack sorry.
> Thanks for this "warm" welcome ;)

Maybe I'm the one offbase, but to me this is a significant breakage, I think
this is one more thing  which will just push ISV to only use RHEL and not
Fedora Core for development, maybe this is a good thing from a different
perspective, but from my viewpoint as an upstream maintainer of widely reused
libraries I consider this a big regression.

Daniel