Help with blacs

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Fri Jul 29 21:30:13 UTC 2005

Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> In the attempt to improve blacs, I've patched it to build shared
> libraries in addition to the static ones it already generates.
>
> With the code checked into CVS, I was able to successfully build a blacs
> package with shared libraries on FC-3. It also uses those shared
> libraries to build its test executables.
>
> However, for FC-4 and devel, x86 and x86_64 cannot use the shared
> libraries it generates to build its test executables.
>
> For the life of me, I can't figure out why this is happening. The only
> difference between FC-3 and FC-4/devel is that FC-3 uses g77 for the
> fortran bits, and FC-4/devel uses gfortran.

That's the difference.  g77 uses two underscores following the function
name, gfortran now uses the more common convention of a single
underscore.  The makefile is defining -Df77IsF2C, which in Bconfig.h
turns on ADD_ which adds an extra _.  Looks like you need a new
Bmake.inc that uses INTFACE=NoChange (I think).

--
Orion Poplawski
System Administrator                   303-415-9701 x222