More status on the Extras buildsystem

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Sun Jul 31 19:30:36 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 00:21 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> We should now be up and running with all of the build machines for the
> Extras build system.  There are now 3 machines for doing x86_64 and i386
> builds and one machine for ppc builds.  I've successfully done a build
> for FE3, FE4 and the development tree and so think everything should be
> sanely set up.  If not, DO NOT SEND MAIL TO SETH :-)  You can send mail
> here, to fedora-extras-list or file a bug in bugzilla against the Fedora
> Infrastructure product, buildsys component.

Thank you for the explanation!

I have no idea whether the following is a bug or my incompetence so
please point out either.  ;-)

  cvs co rpms/opendap rpms/nco
  for i in opendap nco ; do
    for j in FC-3 FC-4 devel ; do
      ( cd rpms/${i}/${j} ; make tag ; make plague )
    done
  done

which seems to work just fine judging by the output generated.
Unfortunately, the command

  plague-client list email ed at eh3.com

lists only the three udunits builds that I submitted yesterday using,
AFAICT, exactly the same procedure.  And they seem to have built without
any problems.

So, what went wrong this time?  Can anyone help me figure it out...?

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307