FUDCon3 in SF?

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 19:18:17 UTC 2005

On 6/10/05, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know if thats what we want "fudcon"'s to be.   I think there
> is room for something else with a different name that lug-like
> organizations can do...

I understand both points of view here (hey greg).  I think the
deliverable of a "Guide..." is a good thing to have once FUDcon (or
FUdcon, or whatever) is established, mapped out, etc.

That being said, in the meantime I agree with Jef's notion of
geographical regions-by year-by season, e.g. Fudcon West Fall, 2005
with the initial limit being no more than 4 or so at first.  Later on,
the chapter concept will develop itself and there could be an Fudcon
East Texas - Early Spring 2006.  LUGlike orgs won't have a clue until
this group does.  I've seen that in action.

Matt Frye