Fedora websites team

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Sat Nov 5 12:42:59 UTC 2005

Karsten Wade wrote:

>We have formed the Fedora websites team, which discusses things on
>fedora-websites-list[1].
>
>Some have asked me who really owns/controls the websites.  Is Marketing
>accountable?  Documentation?  How about Infrastructure?
>
>Here's how I see it, using this model:
>
>* FDP is the umbrella project that is accountable for all content and
>knowledge management across Fedora.  We are growing as fast as we can to
>cover all these areas.
>
>* Marketing is accountable for our message, focus, goals, direction,
>attitude, etc.  As such, they are often responsible for the content and
>design within the various formal Fedora sites[2].
>
>* Infrastructure is responsible for maintaining the current backends of
>the sites, and developing new stuff from their own ideas and as
>
>Does this make sense to you all?
>
>Other thoughts?

We need a concrete list of things we need to do before making
http://fedoraproject.org the primary website and a transition plan from
http://fedora.redhat.com with redirects where necessary.Some of the
content in the wiki pages belongs to marketing and some to docs and some
are in the Fedora communities's hands. We need to find out a list of
wiki pages maintained and unmaintained (if any).

Thats the action plan. Interested people get yourself subscribed to the
fedora-websites list and post suggestions and feedback. Do we need
better content? better design? a combination of both or something else
entirely?

regards
Rahu;