Fedora Logo: Modifications and a new one

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 15:07:27 UTC 2005

On 11/7/05, Joshua Wulf <jwulf at redhat.com> wrote:

> > how about instead we just keep dragging this process out..with more
> > and more ideas... every month..a new logo idea.
> Are there some links to the other logo ideas? I've seen Diane's and the
> donkey (I think that was gdk's child), and the capstrat one. That makes
> three.

man, you are extremely late to this party.  The logo brainstorming
discussion was started on this list in june!!!!!!!  The strength of
that discussion led to farming out to an actual design team and we got
the f is for freedom draft in september.  If you missed the
brainstorming portion of this process, I'm deeply sorry...but its time
to move on. Now that the design group has reported back with a draft,
its time to focus on that draft instead of continuing to propose
wildly different ideas.  From this point in, I consider only
discussion which is narrowly focused on the draft design to be
constructive.  If i see another "this would be a good logo" post
without constructive comment aimed at the draft to move the discussion
forward.. I will be doing the mailinglist equivalent of ripping out
your spleen.

Reference on this list, thread from june-july with the subject:
Logos: everybody wants one but nobody seems to have any constructive
comments. (was Re: Cool Fedora schwag idea)

-jef