Fedora Logo: Modifications and a new one

nodata fedora at nodata.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 09:19:39 UTC 2005

Hello, I read about the new logo on Fedora People. Might as well throw in
my opinion :)

> It's too clever.

The first time I saw the proposed logo I thought to myself "Why on earth
is there a Möbius strip in the logo?".
I don't want to have to understand a logo.

What about a logo that can be good both with and without understanding it?
FedEx does this with their logo:
 http://tinyurl.com/dqegd
At first look, it simply says "FedEx". On closer look, it describes their
business. Look at the arrow between the "E" and "X".

Mod01, mod02, mod03 are all improvements because they try to hide the
difficult-to-explain part of the logo.

I don't like the alt logos at all.