Fedora: A gift from the G(r)eek gods! -- WAS: New Fedora Logo : Fedora forum discussions

Thijs Hulshof thulshof at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 18:24:07 UTC 2005

Hi,

It's funny that "Fedora" means "gift from a god", but I think we should not
associate a God with Fedora. I don't think very religious groups will
appreciate it.

P.S.: I'm the guy who posted that definition on FedoraForum yesterday, I
didn't expect that it would cause a new discussion on the
Fedora-marketing-list :-)

Regards,
Thijs

On 11/14/05, Stephen Krenzel <sgk284 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Considering the huge amount of controversy with evolution and ID recently
> in the states, we could have some fun calling Torvalds, Cox, Morton the
> intelligent designers. Either that or play off the fact that open source
> evolves. It could go either way as long as we keep it fun and in the spirit
> of a parody.
>
> I agree, associating this new meaning with the Fedora name could be gold.

Regards,