Rethinking the Freemedia problem

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 18:25:21 UTC 2006

On 4/1/06, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> is probably better value is letting small scale OEM's do their job too.
> That would mean identifying their needs better and perhaps modifying the
> software to support branding effectively as well as trademark guidelines
> for it and having a single contact point to tackle their problems.

yes there is definitely room for OEM's in lager ecosystem of
distribution.  Unfortunately I'm not sure that a significant number of
small OEM's that offer fedora are plugged in with on-going
discussions. Perhaps there is is a mission for fedora's virtual
embassy to do an outreach programs to OEMs with some specific goals
for identifying potential distribution and related infrastructure and
policy enhancements aimed at making life easier for the OEM.

-jef"the ambassadors need to develop a windows users refugee
relocation program"spaleta