Fwd: Open Source Lab Details for NECC 2006

Thomas Chung tchung at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 19 19:15:18 UTC 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Steve Hargadon <steve at hargadon.com>
Date: Apr 19, 2006 12:04 PM
Subject: Re: Open Source Lab Details for NECC 2006
To: Fedora Education Initiative <fedora-education-list at redhat.com>

On 4/19/06, Thomas Chung <tchung at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> This is my first time hearing "National Educational Computing Conference 2006".
> Two questions.
> 1. Have you contacted anyone in Fedora Marketing or Fedora Ambassadors
> for any help?

No.  I have been talking with Sarah Jones from Red Hat who does
events, and I thought we were going to get some support but I haven't
heard from her in some time.

I'd be very interested in making contact on either front.  Can you help?

> 2. Do you have a webiste where we can learn more about this event?

The NECC website is at http://center.uoregon.edu/ISTE/NECC2006/.  This
is the second year I've been asked to lead the Open Source effort
there, and the first year that our presenters are actually listed in
the program as full speakers.  It's significant progress, and came out
of providing a similar lineup at the cue.org show in Palm Springs some
weeks ago.

--
Steve Hargadon

Thank you Steve,
As a start, I'm forwarding your email to Fedora Ambassadors and Fedora
interests and resources, we should be able to find someone to help
your event and promote Fedora Project at the same time.
--
Thomas Chung