fedora logo on wikipedia

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Wed Apr 26 20:41:40 UTC 2006

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, Nicu Buculei wrote:

> And BTW, the article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedora_Project) is
> short (a stub) and has old information, it could use some love.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedora_Project

Yes, that particular article is not particularly useful, as opposed to
say, wikipedia's "Fedora Core" article which at first glance actually
seemed pretty good.

I think it would be bad form (since you're not supposed to Wikipedia about
yourself) for, say, me to give some love to wikipedia's Fedora pages, but
if, I don't know, the community members who make up Fedora Marketing
wanted to do some more work in there, that wouldn't be a bad thing.  :-)

That "Project Organization" chart is interesting.  A bit confusing, and a
bit Red Hat focused for my tastes.

Fedora != Red Hat

I'd rather see a description of some of the sub-projects that make up the
larger Fedora Project (Core, Extras, Ambassadors, Docs, and so on) and how
the Fedora Project Board handles all of that.

Wikipedia should be used as a summary of *facts* since it is meant as a
collection of facts, and as a way of pointing people to more facts on the
fp wiki, not as a place where we have to replicate all of our wiki
content.  That just makes stuff get out of date.

--Max

--
Max Spevack
+ gpg key -- http://people.redhat.com/~mspevack/mspevack.asc