[Fedora-marketing-list] Re: RH making fun of us ?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Thu Aug 31 20:47:13 UTC 2006

Thomas Canniot wrote:

> Did I miss something, or RH CTO has problem with Fedora first Myth ?
>
> http://ipcommunications.tmcnet.com/news/2006/08/25/195490.htm?p=ica
>
> "We're convinced that there is a better way to develop software, so what
> we did is we blew up the notion of an Alpha and we use Fedora as an
> alpha."

Max already had a "chat" with the involved parties about it.  (:  It was
mostly a poor choice of words, calling Fedora an alpha.  The point being is
that RHEL gets an excellent foundation (ie, real-world/live use and
testing), and that foundation comes from Fedora, so there's less/no need
anymore for RHEL-tech-previews, etc, that served that role (for RHEL) in
the past.

-- Rex