[Fedora-marketing-list] Kernel Question

Stephen Buccola stephenbuccola at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 1 18:06:32 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Linux and chose to download Fedora Core 5. I'm currently installing a program, PCMIA, and it asks me to locate my kernel source directory. I was under the impression that it could be found under "/usr/src/linux", however, there is no such directory.

I was wondering if there was a generic location for the kernel directory that I just haven't found or if it can be put anywhere depending on the box. Is there a way in the terminal to locate the directory?

Thanks for your help,

Stephen
stephenbuccola at yahoo.com