[Fedora-marketing-list] Re: Ubuntu Release Party in Beijing, what about Fedora?

Francesco Ugolini francesco.ugolini at fedoraproject.org
Sun Oct 29 18:33:43 UTC 2006

Leo ha scritto:
> On Fri, 27/10/06, Leo wrote:
>

>> On the second of Nov. 2006, Ubuntu founder Mark Shuttleworth will be
>> in Beijing to attend the Ubuntu Edgy EFT release Party. He will give a
>> talk to encourage more Chinese to use Ubuntu.
>>
>> If I remember right, RHAT has an office in Beijing. Are those guys
>> doing anything?
>>

> Since no reply in tree days, I guess people are content with current
> situation.
>
> I have to say I admire Mark for his effort to promote Ubuntu, make it
> approachable to everybody.
>
> I hope the following still holds:
>
> Technology-wise Fedora is still in the lead.

Hellp Leo,

I want to underline two things: first Fedora is a community based
project and it only sponsored by Red Hat and, second, in many cities and
countries ambassadors organize event such as installation day etc... If
you want to organize an event you can do it and you can request
materials such as t-shirt and dvd (you have to be a marketing or
ambassador member for this) compiling the form.

Ubuntu is different from Fedora and, i think, this would mean that we
have different goals (and similiar ones): this is our, and their,
strenght. We organize, during the year, houndred and houndred of event
everywhere, most of all are local event (e.g. suniversity event) and
_all_ are organized by people that spend their free time talking with
other about Fedora and Open Source.

Thanks for your opinion

Francesco Ugolini