Re: Infinite Freedom???

Rodrigo Padula wrote:

> - FREE SOFTWARE DEFINITION - By Free Software Foundation
> These firmwares below affect us directly, affect our freedom!

software != firmware.

The Board's current position is that firmware (that doesn't run on the host
CPU) is a reasonable exception (to modifiability).  It is our hope that
once these ground-rules are established and well understood, hardware
manufacturers will be more willing to produce/support high-quality linux
drivers (preferably in the upstream kernel).

-- Rex