Fedora 9 Marketing plan?

Colby Hoke choke at redhat.com
Tue Feb 5 16:35:04 UTC 2008

Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 19:00 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
>
>> I was wondering not only about what we're going to say but how we're
>> going
>> to say it.  How are we going to get people to know about the features
>> in
>> our alpha?
>>

> +1
>
> That is the crux of the subject of this thread.  We are working on a
> plan, yes, and it has already missed the first deadline.  Unfortunately,
> when setting the schedule for the marketing plan, we focused on the
> final release.  This is typical thinking that applies to RHEL, for
> example, where we do not advertise the beta/release candidates.
>
> Jon - perhaps you want to turn what you wrote into a press release
> format?  We can then run it by the PR gurus and ask them to actually
> release it to businesswire, etc.
>
> - Karsten

Which deadline would that be?

Unfortunately, I'm stuck doing things for FUDCon and JBoss World right
now, so my attention is split - with very little left over for Fedora at
this time. I'd invite anyone to check out
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Tasks and pick something up to
help us out.

Maybe make a page for suggestions or link the release notes to us?
Anything would be appreciated.

--
Colby A. Hoke

Corporate Marketing