making the website better

Elio Tondo elio at tondo.it
Sat Feb 9 08:05:09 UTC 2008

Juan Camilo Prada wrote:

> I played with the mocks a little bit and i got something to show, the
> post is already in the planet, but i though it would be better to let
> people in the ml know about this.

I'd simply say: wonderful! It's exactly what I was meaning. And it
should not be too difficult to modify the fp.o front page this way.

I just opened it full-res on Firefox, together with the current fp.o
home, and switching between the two tabs shows the big difference.

IMHO this new design, or some minor variation of it, and moving
"Communicate", "Events" and any "Learn more" link on front page news to
static or CMS pages, is what we need to have a very effective site.

Ciao
Elio