Website Team Meetings

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Tue Feb 12 09:46:54 UTC 2008

2008/2/12 Ricky Zhou <ricky at fedoraproject.org>:
> (Cross-posted to the websites and marketing lists)
>
> Hi!
>
> I notice that we used to have Websites team meetings a long time ago,
> but they were suspended.  At this point, we should be in a good position
> to start further expanding and defining our website, as we've seen in
> discussion on the websites and marketing lists.  However, we still have
> a lot of design, content, and technical issues that need to be addressed
> before we can really move forward.
>
> With that said, this looks like a good time to setup a meeting time for
> everybody to discuss and participate in making these decisions.  What
> would be a good time for everybody to meet on IRC?  I should probably be
> good for most of Wednesday and Friday evenings or any time over the
> weekend).

Good to know another person is feeling the same! We've been
streamlining the way we do websites and they have moved from hackish
things into proper resources with workflows etc. I think it's a really
good time to get the team again off the ground and start working in
making it easy for new contributors to join us.

Unfortunately Raleigh evening means night in Europe (UTC+2 in Greece).
Here's a table with both cities -- what other places are we interested
in?

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?month=2&day=12&year=2008&p1=0&p2=207&p3=26&p4=-1

-d (excited)

> Right now, here are some items that we want to talk about:
>
>  * Website purposes/targets
>  * Expanding beyond our current content/design
>  * Improving our handling of translations
>  * Getting more people involved :)
>  * <- Insert topic here
>
> What do you think?
> Ricky