Mktg Meeting 2/28 recap, and next meeting

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Thu Feb 28 22:01:54 UTC 2008

Thanks to John Babich for sending out the full IRC transcript.

The simple recap, for folks who don't want to read the whole IRC log:

John Adams, of the Red Hat Brand team, has provided us with a template
of what a full Marketing Plan looks like.  That templates lives on the
Fedora wiki:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/MarketingPlan

We've dramatically simplified our task list to focus on fleshing out a
full marketing plan for Fedora based on this skeleton.  The task list,
with owners, can be found here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Tasks

Over the next week, the owners of key sections of this Marketing Plan will
be asking questions, making proposals, and filling this plan in, bit by
bit.

If someone asks a question of you on-list -- like "I think that our target
audience for press releases should be X, Y, and Z" -- PLEASE RESPOND.
You're on this mailing list because you care about the marketing of
Fedora, so please take this opportunity to express your opinions.  You
folks *are* Fedora.  We need to hear you.

Next week we will convene on IRC once again to see what progress we've
made.  Details:

Time:	Thursday, March 6, 2000 GMT/UTC (3pm Eastern US)
IRC:	irc.freenode.net, #fedora-mktg

Thanks to all of today's participants.  It's been a while since I led an
IRC meeting, and this one was extremely worthwhile.  Let's keep the
momentum going.

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg