Fedora disconnection?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 14:24:55 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 21:35 -0500, Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:
> Like Paul suggests, maybe it would be a good time to conduct a usability
> study among Fedora users?  I understand that Fedora advances through its
> contributors, but it's supported by its users.

Just to be very clear, I'm not suggesting that the Fedora Project has
the resources to do such a study.  They're very time consuming and can
be costly.  So the chances are *very* small of all those costs coming
out of our (equally) small budget.

What I suggested was that interested and experienced community members
band together to design and implement these tests.  There is much more
to usability testing than simply making lists of what people would like
to see.  It's a highly organized science of its own.  Those difficulties
translate directly into high costs, which is why we don't conduct them
centrally.  So while I agree that now is "a good time" to do it, that
doesn't solve the problem of *who* is going to do it, and *how*.

--
Paul W. Frields