Beta Release Notes

Jonathan Roberts jonathan.roberts.uk at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 3 19:50:00 UTC 2008

On 01/03/2008, Marc Wiriadisastra <marc at mwiriadi.id.au> wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>  > Jonathan Roberts wrote:
>  >> Anybody able to give me a definition of exactly what the beta release
>  >> is!? i.e. feature complete? targeted at which set of users?!
>  >>
>  >> Or if somebody could point me in the right direction..
>  >
>  > Refer
>  >
>  > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/Schedule
>  > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/Schedule
>  >
>  > Beta is feature freeze and string freeze. Alpha is targeted for
>  > developers. Beta for early adopters and Release Candidate for full
>  > community participation.
>  >
>  > Rahul
>  >

> So whats going on with the single source summary then does that get
>  replaced with the beta release notes?

I think so for now Marc...got my head in a big spin with the
SingleSourceSummary! Not sure anybody totally understands it actually,
though perhaps Karsten does and when he returns things may look
rosier. For now though, feel free to move content from SSS or add
stuff to the Release Notes :)

Best wishes,

Jon