Self-Introduction: Sebastian Dziallas [was: joining Marketing]

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 18:15:07 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 14:47 +0100, sebastian at when.com wrote:

> My name is - as you may have noticed - Sebastian Dziallas [1], and I am
> currently based in Germany (city is Wunstorf, not far away from Hannover
> , in Lower Saxony). I am a student and currently attending Hölty
> Gymnasium Wunstorf. I have also had a work practice at heise media group
> (editors desk of the German computer magazine c't) and I am currently
> involved in further Fedora and GNOME projects. I was attending Hannovers
> CeBIT 2008 (4-9 March) and I was part of the staff at the GNOME booth.
> On the Fedora side, I am currently doing some work on the educational
> part [2]. I am also trying to become an ambassador. Things I would like
> to talk about would include the possibility to become more visible for
> the normal end-user e.g. on exhibitions (I talked to Thomas Chung
> concerning the ambassadors about this) and maybe an online survey for
> Fedora users. But these are only first ideas...
>
>  From tomorrow on, I will be in New Jersey for three weeks, so there
> might be some delay in response. Please excuse this (the preparations
> have also caused this - somehow late - introduction).

No worries, thanks much for the introduction and welcome.

I didn't mean to be chastising people who hadn't introduced; I was
mainly trying to keep administrators/sponsors from approving people
without the group-agreed-upon processes being followed.  Hope my meaning
was clear!  But if not, my apologies for any misunderstanding.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org