Re: Mandriva supports eee

Valent Turkovic escribió:
http://justingill.com/blog/2008/03/18/mandriva-linux-spring-2008-release-on-the-asus-eee-pc/

Interesting article.

I know there is eeedora but that is not an official fedora spin but a
project maintained by only one eee and fedora user [1]

Are there any plans to support eeedora project? there are milions of
eee sold and although xandros has made a nice UI for it the base
system has lost of issues if users want to install new software
(apt-get dependency hell because of conflicting xandros, debian,
ubuntu and eee repos).

Cheers,
Valent.

[1] http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/02/14/fedora-eee-pc-eeedora/

I'm not sure if it is of any indication, but in the .src.rpm for the 2.6.25-rc5-git4 kernel available in the development repo, there is at least one patch aimed at supporting the eee, so I think that support for this new hot device is indeed a priority, at least so much as to warrant a patch for the kernel for it.