Mandriva supports eee

Gian Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Thu Mar 20 09:05:56 UTC 2008

Valent Turkovic escribió:
> http://justingill.com/blog/2008/03/18/mandriva-linux-spring-2008-release-on-the-asus-eee-pc/
>
> Interesting article.
>
> I know there is eeedora but that is not an official fedora spin but a
> project maintained by only one eee and fedora user [1]
>
> Are there any plans to support eeedora project? there are milions of
> eee sold and although xandros has made a nice UI for it the base
> system has lost of issues if users want to install new software
> (apt-get dependency hell because of conflicting xandros, debian,
> ubuntu and eee repos).
>
> Cheers,
> Valent.
>
> [1] http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/02/14/fedora-eee-pc-eeedora/

I'm not sure if it is of any indication, but in the .src.rpm for the
2.6.25-rc5-git4 kernel available in the development repo, there is at
least one patch aimed at supporting the eee, so I think that support for
this new hot device is indeed a priority, at least so much as to warrant
a patch for the kernel for it.