Mandriva supports eee

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 15:22:27 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 09:34 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Valent Turkovic wrote:
>

> http://justingill.com/blog/2008/03/18/mandriva-linux-spring-2008-release-on-the-asus-eee-pc/
> >
> > Interesting article.
> >
> > I know there is eeedora but that is not an official fedora spin but a
> > project maintained by only one eee and fedora user [1]
> > [1] http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/02/14/fedora-eee-pc-eeedora/
> > Are there any plans to support eeedora project?
>
> All it takes really is someone (or a group of someones) to step up and
> create a fedora SIG to produce/support such a thing.

I actually emailed a group of people, including the Eeedora maintainer
and some Fedora contributors, to encourage the formation of this type of
effort in February, and the thread moved a little bit before trailing
off.  I'm not sure we can host Eeedora itself due to some (*sigh*)
nonfree bits required by the hardware vendor's implementation, but we
certainly can and should bring some more eyeballs to the work.

If they haven't done it already, anyone of the group -- and I've Cc:'d
them for good measure -- could probably communicate with other
interested groups using the Fedora Planet feed to attract some interest.
There are a *lot* of people who either read or aggregate our Planet.  It
just takes someone with a blog, or the interest in setting one up (which
is dead-simple; you don't even have to DIY), to start that ball rolling.
There's a rollup effect too, because Fedora Weekly News, for example,
grabs items from the Planet as well.  I suggested this in the previous
thread as well.

What else can we do to seed some Eeedora interest?