Status of the picture book

Ian Weller ianweller at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 22:09:03 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 10:02:00AM +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Ian Weller wrote:
>>
>> I need people like Nicu to look over the current uploading instructions
>> and see if they contain all the necessary details. Please don't upload
>> photos yet, though.
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Submitting_images_for_the_picture_book
>
> Let me digress a bit: I am not sure if I understood correctly the
> process with release forms. Supposedly I want to submit a photo with
> Martin Sourada from the Brno FUDCon. It is correct that what I have to
> do is:
> 1. print the PDF release form and sign it as a photographer
> 2. mail it to Martin in Prague
> 3. have Martin sign it as a model
> 4. have Martin mail it to Max in Amsterdam
> If the process is complicated as such, then I would prefer to follow it
> *only* for pictures that are to be used in the book, not for all the
> proposals.

You only need one release form for every photographer-model pair. If
you're uploading a lot of images to the wiki, you can just put something
down like "Soundra-martin-0001 through 0005.jpg" in the filename box.

> On the same part about release forms, I feel the need of a clarification
> about "of everybody in that image", supposedly the photo is:
> http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/photos/fudcon2008brno/day2/153-img_4427.jpg.html
> AFAIK, you need release form only for people who are recognizable in
> that photo, do I need here signatures from all the people or [how I
> expect] only from Martin?
> Clarification is important, I don't want to submit this particular
> picture:
> http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/photos/fudcon2008brno/day1/038-img_4016.jpg.html
> but such a rule would effectively bare our something similar.

IMO photos should focus on a few people. Large group photos would need
everyone to sign the form, I think. So if you did get a photo of
everybody at Brno for the picture book, you'll need everyone to sign a
form. I'm relatively sure this is what Spot would say but I'll check if
you want me to.

> Now back to the instructions: I think we should understand that 1. the
> photographers may not be very good at speaking English and 2. they may
> be better with images than with words. So do not ask from them a
> completely developed story, but only a story *concept*.

Go ahead and fix the instructions as you see fit then.

--
Ian Weller <ianweller at gmail.com>                  http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint:  E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226  B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36