[fedora-my] Free Media Program

Izhar Firdaus kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 07:02:53 UTC 2008

On 11/17/08, Mohd Syafarul Razi <msrazi at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> I think Fedora India Media Program is a good example..
>  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/FreeMedia/India
>
>  -> If you are ready to provide your own CD/DVD, please refer to Local
>  Contacts . You can bring the CD/DVD and get it burned.
>
>  -> If your request is not accepted or is delayed for long (there can
>  be many reasons like non availability of resources...) you can opt to
>  send a blank media with return envelop, this will help us fulfill your
>  request faster (this way you can get Fedora in as short as the round
>  trip of the media sent.).

yep .. this was me and yondie's original plan .. just that theres
nobody to work on it (we are students with no money .. we plan as
students with no money .. lol ) ..

so, great job msrazi for making this one alive!!! :D ..

>  Local contact is a person/ambassador where people can meet face to
>  face..

already applied -> during events .. or something .. (usually i have
the liveCD ISO in my laptop ) .. you can apply this also if you wish
..

> i.e we have ambasaddor at UTP so i think people at UTP/around
>  utp can meet him to get fedora copy as long they bring their on
>  CD/DVD.

haha .. ^-^ .. UTP is not a problem for distribution .. quite a number
of ppl are mirroring the ISOs and lots of ppl here prefer ISOs more
than CD .. as they are playing around on VMware mostly ..