looking to take some sugar-* packages

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Feb 11 07:54:42 UTC 2009

Karsten Wade wrote:
> Hey.  I'm new to Sugar and OLPC packaging, but I'd like to take some
> of the low(er) fruit from folks who can be better busy working on
> stuff I don't understand ... such as coding. :)
>
> Asking on #fedora-olpc, it looks like some/all of these would be a
> good place to help:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OLPC/Packages_for_F11#sugar-artwork
>
> 'sugar-artwork' seems one that I can handle.  Other than tracking
> upstream and such, could I also help with some of the others?  Such as
> 'sugar-toolkit'.
>
> On the Sugar activities listed on the above page, do those packages
> need maintainers as well?
>
> cheers - Karsten

Oh, you can absolutely help with packaging. It is mostly updating the
when the Sucrose (Sugar and activities) releases are out. Instructions
can be found at:

http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/sugar/repos/mainline/blobs/master/docs/release_howto.txt

We can try this out directly by the end of the week - we will have a new
Sucrose release on Friday ;) Request permissions (instructions in the
link above) for the packages you want to package and start packaging
when the tarballs are available.

For direct questions and issues you can catch me as well on irc
(#sugar), my nick is 'erikos'.

Thanks for stepping up,
    Simon