Help debug latest rawhide images

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 10:18:14 UTC 2009

> In lieu of an actual meeting... Chris Ball will be publishing the url for a
> rawhide-based iso image suitable for burning to USB key later today.
>
> Everyone with XOs: *please* burn and try to boot from USB using this image.
>  Help us debug boot failures, either on-list or in #fedora-olpc. This is
> pretty much the critical path.  Help if you can.

Is there an up to date howto somewhere for booting the XO off SD?
Yesterday I did an "install to disk" of a F11 aplha liveCD to a 4gig
SD card so its a standard install. I then booted it from SD and "yum
update"d it when running on my eeePC as I figured it might be the
quickest way to update it. But I can't get it to boot off the SD card
on the XO. I even installed bootfw from joyride so I had a olpc.fth.
It updated the firmware so it can obv see the SD card but when I try
to boot I get a error to do with not being about to find the boot
device. Any hints?

BTW rawhide doesn't look so great booting on the eeePC at the moment
either. Yesterdays kernel OOPSed part way through boot and that was
it! The kernel from the F11 alpha has a number of errors, some which
looks similar to the ones chris was seeing as well.

Cheers,
Peter