Help debug latest rawhide images

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Sat Feb 14 00:32:16 UTC 2009

Hi,

   > Looks like olpc_has_dcon() is set by the olpc_dcon kernel module's
   > init().  Looks like the olpc_dcon module didn't make it upstream.
   > Andres, was it submitted?  Anything we can work on?

Well, I was right about olpc_has_dcon() failing, and wrong about the
reason why.  This upstream commit breaks model detection, and reverting
it gets the FB working again:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=e51a1ac2dfca9ad869471e88f828281db7e810c0

Next up is X, which is failing because it doesn't think a DCON is
present, because /sys/platform/devices/dcon doesn't exist, because
olpc_dcon isn't loaded, because it isn't upstream.  I'll work on
a better detection mechanism to put in the geode driver -- Jordan,
any suggestions?

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>