mock wrangling

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 21:48:05 UTC 2009

>> Is there a second python in the olpc repos?
>
> I think it would say .olpc3 if it were trying an OLPC one... but there
> might be, how can we check?

Yep, barking up the wrong tree on that one!

>> Also can you provide a link to the src rpm so I do have to frig about
>> getting the contents  of it out of git?
>

> http://dev.laptop.org/~dsd/20090219/olpc-update-2.18-1.src.rpm
> The failing command is:
> mock -r olpc-3-i386 --resultdir=./rpms --installdeps olpc-update-2.18-1.src.rpm

With a little modification I can compile this on koji. I think looking
at the requires that a build on koji should be fine as the only
Requires that are dependent on OLPC are run time not compile time.

I think the python errors are coming from the 'ugly' stuff at the top
of the spec file. With this it fails in koji too. I don't think the
python version detection needs to be that complex. The following spec
file [1] builds fine in koji. The other one doesn't build in koji
either [2]. Also I think there's an issue with the version of yum in
the chroot env when the mock is running on F-10 (I'm seeing similar
issues on F-10.

Peter

[1] http://pbrobinson.fedorapeople.org/olpc-update.spec
[2] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1140991