Re: Ed Tech Day Ithaca College in NY

Samuel Klein wrote:
On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Greg Dekoenigsberg <gdk redhat com> wrote:
Get people to think about the following problem: what if, instead of
Addison-Wesley producing dozens of 4th grade math textbooks, a community of
educators could get together to produce one single electronic 4th grade
textbook?  Solving this problem unlocks a whole world.  Encourage people to
think *deeply* about the ramifications of this.

without seeing it, I'll second that.

SJ

Ok, so if you don't mind me borrowing this what about the presentation being titled - One Laptop Per Child - What if...?

Synopsis - What if a community of educators could get together to produce one single electronic 4th grade textbook? Of course I'll cover history and mission of OLPC, but I'd like the talk to focus on the NA Ambassadors work on the 4th grade math curriculum. By then I also hope to have RIT on board and helping so I can show that it's not just a hypothetical.