Sugar on Rawhide

I am trying to compose a pure rawhide Sugar destktop to run in a virtual machine. I have used both my own kicksarts and those from [1] with the livecd post stuff yanked out. I can get to the login screen (either gnome or the swanky one from [1]), and I can log into GNOME. However, when I attmept to access sugar I can get as far as selecting my sugar-dude's color and then I get an X restart and am pushed back to the login screen.

Is this a known issue right now?

-- bk

[1] http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/soas/repos/mainline/trees/master