20090304 daily build

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Wed Mar 4 22:28:52 UTC 2009

Hi Gary,

   > Sorry no luck booting to Sugar here (from XO NAND), but the jffs2
   > is not the error now. After what looks like a good console boot,
   > the console starts flicking back and forth to an blank
   > console. Stops flicking back and forth after a while and you can
   > switch to a login console, but no GUI.

Thanks.  Fedora's latest X server package is broken on XO; we're working
on a fix now.  The good news is that NAND and SD both "boot" now.

.. and the fixed X package is available.  If you want working X today,
you can:

# rpm -Uvh 'http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/xorg-x11-server/1.6.0/6.fc11/i586/xorg-x11-server-common-1.6.0-6.fc11.i586.rpm'
# rpm -ivh 'http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/fedora-setup-keyboard/0.3/2.fc11/i586/fedora-setup-keyboard-debuginfo-0.3-2.fc11.i586.rpm'
# rpm -Uvh 'http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/xorg-x11-server/1.6.0/6.fc11/i586/xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.6.0-6.fc11.i586.rpm'

.. all of which brings us to another new problem, which is that gdm
doesn't seem to be working properly.  Will file a bug.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>