20090305 daily build

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Fri Mar 6 13:23:51 UTC 2009

Peter Robinson schrieb:
>> * X and GDM work again
>> * Should boot successfully from SD, USB or NAND
>
> Yay. Well done!
>
>> * The .img is 116MB smaller than yesterday's, thanks to Sebastian
>
> Dare I ask what contributed to the shrinkage? Was there some dep
> issues fixed or are there some package forks?
>
> Peter

Sure... :)

Well, we figured that there was some stuff getting pulled in, even
though there was almost no need to. So we're now not fetching all the
KDE libs anymore, for example. In fact it was more consideration, what
could be replaced how and what could be completely dropped. For now, we
didn't fork any stuff; though, I'd really like to get this abiword thing
sorted out - there's not really a need for all the printing stuff on the XO.

--Sebastian