pretty boot plymouth security

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Sun Mar 8 17:59:59 UTC 2009

Hi Peter,

   > I believe there needs to be a vga= option in the kernel boot line
   > to set a mode. Is there one for the kernel boot in either of your
   > SD/USB?

We don't use VGA on the XO, so there's no such line.  Here's what we do
on SD/USB:

root=UUID=4529-5717 rootfstype=vfat ro liveimg quiet rhgb reset_overlay

and NAND:

root=mtd0 rootfstype=jffs2 liveimg console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200 quiet rhgb fbcon=font:SUN12x22"

Oh, maybe the console=tty0 is stopping plymouth from working.  Doesn't
explain the failure to unfreeze OFW, but I'll take the console=tty0 and
fbcon out for today's jffs2 image and see what happens.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>